External Links

Stay up to date with iMusicX99 on Twitter @93DETOX
Follow us on Instagram @iMusicX99
Check out my Mixcloud channel to hear my latest mixes http://www.mixcloud.com/KingShahin/

Thursday 2 February 2012

Lil Wayne Goes lil Deeper


Since ‘Tha Carter III’ lil Wayne rightfully earned the title of the Best Rapper Alive, and even if you don’t like Tunechi’s persona you cannot deny talent when it is as evident as his. For those real fans of Wayne you’ll know that his success hasn’t been any walk through the park, endless numbers of songs and mixtapes, song incredible and some far form that. The time spent with the Hot Boys and the separation obviously was a massive turning point in his musical career.
One of the track from ‘Tha Carter II’ is one of my favourite songs of all time. Not just for flow, lyrical content or the vibe, but just as a piece of music telling a story ‘Hustler Musik’ does all of that and more…
As I was saying, after C3 Wayne knew he has conquered Rap and as a result his started to experiments with music which people wouldn’t really see him and for that matter accept him doing. I understood what he was doing and why, I mean say you play the guitar and you learn a song… What do you do next? Play that same song or learn a new one? After you’ve learnt every song you like do you just stop? Or do you going into a shady area and see what happens. Wayne went into Rock, and it worked! For a lot of people it didn’t but for Wayne it did! And I respect him for that.
After the release of ‘Tha Carter 4’ it was evident that Wayne was going back to his roots, but it’s his latest song he has released that has really grabbed my attention ‘Mirror’ featuring Bruno Mars. Personally I hate Bruno Mars but he plays his part in the song. In terms of music, this song reminded me a lot of ‘Tie My Hands’ from C3, but with a more mature, experienced, open-eyed Wayne. I think the song talks for it self so take a listen…

No comments:

Post a Comment