External Links

Stay up to date with iMusicX99 on Twitter @93DETOX
Follow us on Instagram @iMusicX99
Check out my Mixcloud channel to hear my latest mixes http://www.mixcloud.com/KingShahin/

Monday 12 November 2012

Dreams to Nightmares

I've been waiting a long time for Meek Mills debut solo Album 'Dreams To Nightmares' to drop and last week it finally did and believe me we'll be getting to that madness is a second but let me give you a catch up on Meek. Nearly 2 years ago Rick Ross signed him to the Untouchable Maybach Music Empire, a fast track ticket to potential rap history in today's industry, but let's be fair he has since earnt / proved his place. 
I never really took great interest in his freestyles or features until he dropped 'Ima Boss' a track that is already a classic, not only have I blogged about it but I still play it daily on my drives too and from work. For any of you who swept that track aside for any reason, take another listen now and rethink 
After that he wen't from one success to another with Dreamchasers and DC2. It's evident in his lyrics and his life story that he's been grinding every day to not only succeed but to live, which is what I think have given him the ability to rap about deeper emotions that just guns and money. Something like a Drake from the hood. There examples off this on 4 tracks on Dreams to Nightmares, but I think it's most evident on my favorite song from all his mix tapes, this one is called Big Dreams. His flow and lyrics are completely on point through out the track, painting a picture with every line with enough words to make to feel completely inside his head... Inspirational and Motivational are the two words whihc spring to mind every time I hear this track
Dreams to Night Mares not only does this, but does it on the very first track, the intro blew my mind. It just shows how far he has came already as an artist, taking everything he has already achieved and pushing it to another level and connecting with his audience like I've never heard a rapper do before. He completely dominates the instrumental with his flow, yet you can hear and appreciate very beat. It's just lyrical and instrumental clarity through and through. Take a listen now...


No comments:

Post a Comment