External Links

Stay up to date with iMusicX99 on Twitter @93DETOX
Follow us on Instagram @iMusicX99
Check out my Mixcloud channel to hear my latest mixes http://www.mixcloud.com/KingShahin/

Monday 21 November 2011

Dub Steps Across

Its been a long time coming for the sound of Dubstep, if you dont know what I'm talking about yet I'm talking about how Dubstep has finally touched down in the States! I took many years until the Grime Scene got the recognition it deserved from the major leagues over in the US and it has been he same story again. One of the things i'd like to point out though is that the take over just aint working for the Americans. Which I am loving! I mean take the 'Hello Good Morning' Skepta Remix where Diddy trys to replicate Skeppys flow and let's be honest he just made him self look stupid. Dont get me wrong, i mean P Diddy is one of the flyest guys around, but really... Diddy & Grime? Didn't work! Now you tell me, Snoop & Dubstep? In my ears it's a big No!
It was quite a proud moment to hear Snoop say 'Westcoast Dubstep' but once again he just couldn't adapt to the music. For me anyway he is well past it all now and if you try and argue that he isn't then explain to me why he featured on a Katy Perry track? Anyway check it out and take it in yourself...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlygIqvvz2s

Music is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment